With Valentine’s day fast approaching the topic of love has been on my mind. For all the years i have walked this earth i have never had one date or special moment on V day. Am i mad…upset… well to be honest for the longest time i felt like i had missed out on something. Then i realised many years ago that I’d rather get a poem, a gift or a declaration of love any other day than V day…it would mean more. February 14th has somewhat become commercialised and people forget that sometimes it’s the simple things we do to show we care that matter most. But for those that are celebrating this occasion and are stuck for ideas here are a few suggestions to show that special someone you care….
* Name a star after them
* Write a poem
* Compile a CD of love songs
* Picnic at sunrise or sunset at a secluded location
* Wake them up in the morning with a simple ‘I LOVE YOU’
All around the world people are feeling the effects of the downturn in the economy and jobs are lost every hour. To be brutally honest i have never before taken notice of the state of the economy in my country Australia, let alone the rest of the world. But this time I can’t help but see the effects and hear it on the news as well as on the streets. People are concerned and struggling to survive day to day with just lint in their pockets and can only hope for a brighter future.
In New York city you can feel and see the concern people have for their future and it seems like a cloud is hanging over everyone’s heads. I’m especially worried for the homeless people this winter as it’s one of the coldest in a long time, with no money, food and shelter how will they survive if at all? Although i have little myself i try to give one person some change everyday or do a good deed, nothing is ever too little or too much if you give with an open heart.
You may not be able to change the world but you can make a difference with small steps. So i ask you to pass on some kindness next time you see a person in need, it could even be giving up your seat on the bus. Do something everyday and i guarantee not only will you warm someones heart but you will serve your soul. Pay it forward everyone let’s try to help one another through these tough times and when we get through it the sun will shine again for ALL.
Soul Chameleon X
- FALL IN LOVE WITH AMAZING VOCALIST TILLY KEY CHECK HER OUT @ www.myspace.com/tillykey
- SEE ANGIE STONE PERFORM LIVE AT BB KING’S FEB 17TH @ 8PM
- FOR THE OL SKOOL FANS BLACKSTREET ARE ALSO HAVING A REUNION SHOW @ BB KINGS ON FEB 20TH 11PM, TEDDY RILEY, ERIC WILLIAMS, MARK MIDDLETON AND J-REMY IT’S GOING TO BE OFF THA RICHTER
- JOIN THE MILITARY FASHION FAD STRAIGHT FROM THE CATWALKS TO THE STREETS IT’S HOT!!
- GREET A STRANGER WITH A SMILE 🙂
- WRITE A POEM FOR THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE AS A VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT
- GET BACK ON TRACK OR REASSESS YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
- CATCH VIKTER DUPLAIX ON THE 1’S AND 2’S @ DEITY IN BK NYC ON FEB 13TH
- REDISCOVER THE SHEER BRILLIANCE OF AMEL LARRIEUX www.myspace.com/bravebird2
- WATCH THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PYJAMA’S
- LOVE YOURSELF UNCONDITIONALLY
One thing that is constant in life is….change and people always ask me why i consider myself a chameleon? Well the honest answer is that as we shed our skin layer by layer our colors change and i as a person love my colors. To me being a chameleon is about self discovery and embracing the many souls,hearts and colors we all have.
As you get to know me i hope you enjoy my page and please leave a comment because i want to know your views on any topic. Tell a friend to tell a friend about the Soul Chameleon……i promise you’ll be hooked!