So what do two single girls do on Valentine’s Day….go see a chick flick!! The movie ‘He’s just not that into you’ did not disappoint and left me analysing all my past relationships and dating patterns. My dating experiences would have many of you in fits of laughter…..but i definitely learnt alot about men and the way they think. Knowing what i know still doesn’t stop me from making bad choices or lusting after the ‘wrong’ guy but that’s life a myriad of adventures. Many of us can relate to GG optimistic and somewhat naive when it comes to the opposite sex. But she represents the core essence of the average person looking to find happiness and we see a little or alot of ourselves in her. One thing i realised was that no matter the circumstance we always know deep down ‘whats up’!! The reality is most times we delude ourselves and forget to listen to what our head is telling us….he’s just not that into you. If you think about it if he’s not calling you he really doesn’t want to talk to you, he’s really not ‘busy’….he’s just too busy for you. Dating and the pursuit of love is never easy but remember we all find our way eventually. I once asked my guru why there is pain and his response was too suffer the heart to love more freely. As human beings we are all fallible and what makes us human is that we feel….
With Valentine’s day fast approaching the topic of love has been on my mind. For all the years i have walked this earth i have never had one date or special moment on V day. Am i mad…upset… well to be honest for the longest time i felt like i had missed out on something. Then i realised many years ago that I’d rather get a poem, a gift or a declaration of love any other day than V day…it would mean more. February 14th has somewhat become commercialised and people forget that sometimes it’s the simple things we do to show we care that matter most. But for those that are celebrating this occasion and are stuck for ideas here are a few suggestions to show that special someone you care….
* Name a star after them
* Write a poem
* Compile a CD of love songs
* Picnic at sunrise or sunset at a secluded location
* Wake them up in the morning with a simple ‘I LOVE YOU’
- FALL IN LOVE WITH AMAZING VOCALIST TILLY KEY CHECK HER OUT @ www.myspace.com/tillykey
- SEE ANGIE STONE PERFORM LIVE AT BB KING’S FEB 17TH @ 8PM
- FOR THE OL SKOOL FANS BLACKSTREET ARE ALSO HAVING A REUNION SHOW @ BB KINGS ON FEB 20TH 11PM, TEDDY RILEY, ERIC WILLIAMS, MARK MIDDLETON AND J-REMY IT’S GOING TO BE OFF THA RICHTER
- JOIN THE MILITARY FASHION FAD STRAIGHT FROM THE CATWALKS TO THE STREETS IT’S HOT!!
- GREET A STRANGER WITH A SMILE 🙂
- WRITE A POEM FOR THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE AS A VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT
- GET BACK ON TRACK OR REASSESS YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
- CATCH VIKTER DUPLAIX ON THE 1’S AND 2’S @ DEITY IN BK NYC ON FEB 13TH
- REDISCOVER THE SHEER BRILLIANCE OF AMEL LARRIEUX www.myspace.com/bravebird2
- WATCH THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PYJAMA’S
- LOVE YOURSELF UNCONDITIONALLY